.

December 22, 2008

Mapping the Integral Vision?

Integral Vision Mind Maps

By Eric Blue

Last year I picked up a copy of The Integral Vision by Ken Wilber. I recently decided to re-read the book, and created a comprehensive book summary highlighting the key pieces of information in the book. The book summary is presented in the form of mind maps for each chapter.

I first stumbled upon Integral Philosophy a couple years ago, and quite honestly became hooked. Since that time, I’ve read a wide variety of books and have engaged in the exciting and often daunting task of trying to build a comprehensive and well-informed worldview (or map). There are a number of good intro books that people recommend for first diving into Ken Wilber’s work (e.g. A Brief History of Everything). Regardless of which book you pick, the fact is for most people (myself included) this is a vast and complex topic. Distilling a philosophy/worldview/framework into a small but useful text is difficult to say the least.

I’ve personally found The Integral Vision to be the best intro into Integral. It’s a short, but powerfully-information packed book that definitely does justice to such an interesting and complex topic. My hope is that others who are just getting into Integral Theory/Philosophy will benefit from the mind map summaries. My advice would be to get the book, and use the maps as a study or reference guide to help the information sink in.

Read More: Here

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails